Krakow Centre for Advanced Training in Information Engineering
The Department of Computer Science of the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow has a new Centre for Advanced Training in Information Engineering. Modern teaching laboratories meet the most rigorous EU standards and allow for teaching on an international level.
The construction of the new teaching facility of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Automatics, Computer Science and Biomedical Engineering lasted over 2 years. The official opening of the facility worth PLN 44 million took place on 28 March this year.
The centre consists of 5 storeys: three floors, a lower ground floor and a garage and occupies over 10,500 square metres of usable area. It houses lecture rooms (2), seminar rooms (6), a room for faculty council meetings, teaching laboratories and scientific and teaching labs (35), rooms for academic employees and social and technical facilities.
The investment was carried out in a “turnkey” format. Mostostal Warszawa performed the full range of work encompassing building the structure, finishing work and all installation work and supplied specialist equipment and devices.
The project was financed from the funds of the Małopolska Regional Development Fund.
The Centre in numbers:
- surface area: 7,554 m2
- development area: 3,554 m2
- total usable area of the building: 10,593 m2
- usable area of underground section: 3,346 m2
- usable area of above-ground section: 7,247 m2
- cubic volume of the building: 55,009 m3
- number of storeys: 1 underground and 4 above ground
- contract value: PLN 48.43 million gross (PLN 39.70 million net)
- usable area: 10,592.70 m²
28th of March 2012: official opening of the facility
30th of January 2012: procurement of utility permit
26th of January 2010: commencement of work
18th of January 2010: signing the agreement
- Investor: AGH University of Science and Technology in Kraków
- Contractor: Mostostal Warszawa S.A.
- Contract value: PLN 48.4 million
- Implementation period: 2010-2012.