The Danuta Baduszkowa Music Theatre in Gdynia
As part of the contract concluded in November 2010, Mostostal Warszawa extended and modernised the Danuta Baduszkowa Music Theatre in Gdynia with respect to the chamber music hall, main auditorium, foyer, cloakroom and technical facilities.
The theatre increased its size by over 5,000 square metres and changed its shape and appearance. The number of seats in the auditorium was increased by over 80%. Currently, there almost 1,600 seats (large stage, new stage and the chamber scene).
Additionally, the facility was equipped with the latest electro-acoustic system, modern theatre technology and new lights. The building is handicapped friendly; in its previous version it was not handicap accessible.
The theatre was divided into three segments:
- Section A – staircase, buffet facilities, foyer, seating in the chamber scene, technical facilities with a transformer station and a heat distribution station,
- Section B – large stage seating area, buffet facilities, foyer, cloakroom, technical facilities, staircases,
- Section C – new stage with back-up facilities for actors, foyer, audience service office, conference room, cloakroom, toilets, technical facilities and facilities of the singing and acting school.
Extended area – 7,237 m²
Cubic volume of the extended section – 32,420 m³
- Investor: Danuta Baduszkowa Music Theatre
- Contractor: Mostostal Warszawa S.A.
- Contract value: PLN 58.2 million
- Period of implementation: 2011 - 2013