Sports, recreation and cultural centre: sports and entertainment hall with a swimming pool in Olecko
The construction of the investment exceeded 2.5 years (from 19 February 2010) and was completed within the stipulated deadline, on 28 September 2012.
This is one of the most modern sports and entertainment halls with a swimming pool in north-eastern Poland and the largest investment in Olecko.
LEGA (the name of the sports complex opened in Olecko) is located in an old park, right by Lake Olecko Wielkie, approx. 500 m from the town centre.
As part of the contract, a sports and entertainment centre was built with a cubic volume of 54,133.22 m³, a development area of 5,233.10 m² and a usable area of 8,171.75 m², consisting of:
1. a connector building functioning as an entrance hall with cloakrooms, payment desks, a café and facilities for servicing the sports hall, the gym and the swimming pool,
2. a sports and entertainment hall with utility functions:
• ground floor: a hall with a 60 m track with a long jump pit, a climbing wall and foldable stand with 200 seats. This section also included office, administrative and warehouse facilities;
• I floor: fitness room, a squash court, audience with 412 seats, 6-8 places for persons on wheelchairs and rooms for press and TV commentators;
• II floor: technical facilities,
3. swimming pool:
• ground floor: gym and technical facilities for the swimming pools,
• I floor: swimming pool 25 x 16 m, recreation pool with numerous attractions, a beach, a biological regeneration complex and seats for 156 people, technical facilities.
Mostostal also built the boiler room building.
The opening ceremony on 9 November was attended by Bronisław Komorowski, President of the Republic of Poland.
- Investor: Olecko Commune
- Contractor: Mostostal Warszawa S.A. / Master sp. j.
- Contract value: PLN 33.9 million
- Implementation period: 2010-2012.