Extension of the surgical section of the Gdynia Oncology Centre at the Maritime Hospital of the Polish Red Cross in Gdynia
Extension of the surgical section of the Gdynia Oncology Centre at the Maritime Hospital of the Polish Red Cross in Gdynia consisted in construction of a four-storey building with a surface area of 6,000 square metres housing:
- Operating Block with five operating theatres,
- Intense Therapy Ward with 8 beds;
- Oncological Surgery Ward with 38 beds;
- Gynecologic Oncology Ward with 25 beds;
- Oncological Admissions with diagnostic facilities, used for planning admission to the wards in the building.
The contract also encompassed purchase of modern equipment for the centre.
The new Oncology Centre shortens the waiting time for surgical oncology procedures from 23 days to 13 days and gynecologic oncology procedures from 28 days to two weeks. The number of patients undergoing procedures will increase from 1,894 to 3,000 annually.
Date of signing the agreement: 8 July 2011
Date of investment completion: 31 July 2013
Date of construction commencement: 26 July 2011
- Investor: Maritime Hospital of the Polish Red Cross in Gdynia
- Contractor: Mostostal Warszawa S.A.
- Contract value: PLN 30.0 million
- Period of implementation: 2011 - 2013