Ring road of Strzyżów in the Podkarpackie region
The Strzyżów ring road will be a part of the regional road no. 988 running through the built-up and not built up area as well as agricultural terrains. It is designed to redirect the transit traffic outside the city and improve communication on the section Babica – Twierdza. It will be over a six-kilometre-long roadway, class G, with two lanes, each 3.5 m wide.
The agreement involves construction of both one-level (roundabouts, uncontrolled and channelized intersections) and two-level (e.g. designed as fly-overs), intersections with roads and railways. Locally, will be executed left-turn, acceleration and deceleration lanes. In total, it is assumed that 25 engineering structures will be built, included: 5 bridges (3 on the Wisłok river, one on the Stobnica river and one on the Różanka stream), road fly-overs and culverts.
The project assumes also:
- construction of access roads (service roads),
- protection from landslides
- construction of pavements near the intersections and bus bays and reconstruction of the existing ones,
- construction of bus bays,
- lighting of the roundabouts and two-level intersections,
- building environmental protection devices, such like: noise barriers, animal crossings, rainwater and snowmelt purification system, isolating/protective greenery (depending on the indications from the environmental decision)
- construction of road drainage system,
- construction/reconstruction or protection of all the external infrastructure elements in the investment area,
- road markings and technical equipment for road safety.
The Strzyżów ring road is to be completed until the end of October 2019.
The subject of the agreement: Construction of the Strzyżów ring road within the regional road no. 988
Date of signature: 17.01.2017
Investor: Województwo Podkarpackie – Podkarpacki Zarząd Dróg Wojewódzkich
General contractor: consortium of Mostostal Warszawa (leader) - Mostostal Kielce (partner)
Length: 6.24 km
Number of lanes: 2
Width of a singular lane: 3.5 m
Number of engineering structures: 25
Gross contract value: PLN 98 077 960.70
Region: Podkarpackie voivodeship