The extension of S7 road S7 for the parameters of two-lane road within the section of the ring road of Kielce (DK 73 junction Wiśniówka) – Chęciny (junction Chęciny)
The contract was implemented based on an order from the Kielce Division of the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways and was concluded on 1 September 2010. As part of the investment, the consortium of Mostostal Warszawa and Acciona Infraestructuras extended the existing express road S-7 to a two-lane road on the section from the Wiśniówka junction to the Chęciny junction.
The range of work included:
- extension of the existing Kielce ring-road (from km 538+800 to km 561+661) to a full express road class S 2/2 (target cross-section of the road 2 x 3 m – a reserve was envisaged for a third lane);
- reconstruction of three junctions (Kielce Południe, Kielce Jaworznia and Kielce Zachód), inlets for transverse roads and access roads allowing for connection with the existing network of roads;
- rebuilding of existing engineering facilities and construction of new ones (including passages for animals);
- construction of two Traveller Service Points – reconstruction of the road drainage system, lights and technical infrastructure;
- demolition of buildings colliding with the investment;
- construction of environmental protection facilities.
Part of the investment is the Kostomłoty Junction – the largest in the Świętokrzyskie Province and one of the largest road junctions in Poland, which connects the S-7 express road and national road No. 74. The Kielce ring-road is the largest road contract in the Świętokrzyskie Province. Its value amounted to approx. PLN 647 million gross.
- Investor: General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways in Kielce
- Contractor: Mostostal Warszawa S.A. and Acciona Infraestructuras
- Contract value: PLN 647 million
- Implementation period: 2010-2013.