We laid the coal stone under the Cargo terminal at Krakow airport
On June 19, 2023, we laid the foundation stone for the construction of a new Cargo terminal at the Jan Pawt lI Krakow Balice International Airport. The investment is another task that Mostostal Warszawa is carrying out in the Matopolska province.
The ceremony was attended by Andrzei Adamczyk, Minister of Infrastructure, as well as Radostaw Wtoszek and Mariusz Satuga, who sit on the board of directors of Krakow Balice International Airport. Mostostal Warszawa was represented by Jorge Calabuig Ferre, Vice President of the Management Board. The event was also attended by Maciel Sasak, Area Director, Artur Sikora, Contract Group Director and Mariusz Rudnik, Contract Manager.
I would like to thank all the people and organizations involved in the implementation of this task. The investment in the eyes of an experienced contractor does not seem complicated, but it is characterized by an unusual location in the immediate vicinity of the runway at an active airport. This is a big logistical challenge for us and the need to coordinate work with the current airport traffic - says Jorge Calabuig Ferre, Vice-President of the Management Board of Mostostal Warszawa. - I am proud of the fact that Mostostal Warszawa is present here, in the Matopolskie Voivodship, and has the ability to implement projects for the Krakow airport.
The scope of the work, which is being carried out by Mostostal Warszawa, includes the construction of an object consisting of office and warehouse parts with a total usable area of 5,600 sqm and a volume of 39,000 m3, as well as the accompanying technical infrastructure. The investment will also include the reconstruction of a section of provincial road No. 774. The construction of a new Cargo Terminal will enable cargo handling to increase to 8,000 tons per year. The investment will also improve access to the airport's passenger terminal by moving truck traffic out of the immediate vicinity of the airport entrance.
- Contract value: PLN 91.94 million gross including the right of option for the supply and installation of additional construction elements (dosimeter gates and loading roller crane) with a total gross value of PLN 0.58 million. The Orderer is obliged to inform the Company about exercising the right of option within 12 months from the date of signing the contract covering the subject of this tender;
- Completion date: 23 months from the date of signing the contract;
- Payment term: 30 days from the date of delivery to the Purchaser of a properly issued invoice;
- Warranty period: for building structures 120 months, roof tightness 60 months for other elements 24 months:
- Performance bond: 5% of the gross bid price submitted in the form of a bank or insurance guarantee.
In the main photo and first photo in the text: Jorge Calabuig Ferre, Vice President of the Management Board of Mostostal Warszawa, during the ceremony.
In the second photo in the text: Magda Domagała, Chief Production Preparation Specialist. Production Preparation, Mateusz Węgrzynowicz, Works Manager, Maciej Sasak, Area Director, Artur Sikora, Contract Group Director, Krystyna Zaprzała, Chief Controlling Specialist, Mariusz Rudnik, Contract Manager, Jorge Calabuig Ferre, Vice President of the Management Board of Mostostal Warszawa, Adrian Rogóż, Works Manager, Michał Prendota, Construction Engineer, Katarzyna Szmajda, Assistant, Grzegorz Kunicki, Electrical Works Manager, Agnieszka Wójcicka, Chief Financial and Economic Specialist, Damian Jaskot and Karolina Wiatr, Works Manager, during the ceremony.
Photos by MW