Mostostal Warszawa with the contract for the construction of the Faculty of Psychology building at the University of Warsaw
On May 25, Mostostal Warszawa signed a contract with the University of Warsaw for construction and assembly works for the construction of the building of the Faculty of Psychology in Ochota. The gross contract value is PLN 138.9 million.
The new building, which will be used by students and employees of the Faculty of Psychology, will be erected within Żwirki i Wigury, Banacha and Pasteura streets. It will consist of 8 storeys; 6 overground and 2 underground. Its total area will be 26.6 thousand square meters. Inside, a total of 30 classrooms, rooms for quiet work and an auditorium for lectures and meetings with the participation of nearly 400 people have been designed. The building will also house laboratories adapted to conducting individual and group research in the field of psychological sciences.
- The facility, the construction of which has been entrusted to us, will also be environmentally friendly. During the works, we plan to use energy recovery systems and energy-saving installations. The building will also be equipped with renewable energy sources. As a result, the facility is to meet the requirements necessary to obtain the prestigious BREEAM certificate. We are familiar with the use of environmentally friendly solutions for universities, as we can boast of building a nearly zero-energy building for the Poznań University of Technology - says Jorge Calabuig Ferre, Vice President of the Management Board of Mostostal Warszawa.
- The implementation of the investment will allow the creation of appropriate working conditions for students and research and teaching staff of the Faculty of Psychology, as well as conducting interdisciplinary research combining, for example, psychology with IT, biology or physics - the new building will be built in the vicinity of faculties and university units conducting research and education in the area of exact sciences - says prof. Alojzy Z. Nowak, rector of the University of Warsaw.
- Contract value: PLN 138.93 million gross.
- Completion date: up to 30 months from the date of handing over the Construction Site.
- Payment deadline: 30 days from the date of receipt by the Ordering Party of a correctly issued invoice.
- The warranty period for the works performed is 120 months from signing the Final Acceptance Protocol of the investment.
- Performance bond: 5% of the gross remuneration paid in the form of a bank guarantee.
In the photo: prof. Alojzy Z. Nowak, Rector of the University of Warsaw and Jorge Calabuig Ferre, Vice-President of the Management Board of Mostostal Warszawa. Photo: University of Warsaw/Krystian Szczęsny