Consortium of Mostostal Warszawa and Acciona Construcción with a contract for the construction of the Opatów bypass
On June 17 a consortium of Mostostal Warszawa and Acciona Construcción has signed a contract with the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways for the design and construction of the Opatów bypass along the S74 expressway and national road No. 9. The gross contract value is PLN 403.7 million.
The bypass will run on the south-west side of Opatów, mostly along the new course. It will consist of a section of the GP-class dual carriageway (main accelerated traffic) with a length of approx. 5.1 km and a section of the two-way expressway S74 with a length of approx. 6.7 km. As part of the investment, two new junctions will be built: Opatów (on S74), Opatów I (on DK9), as well as engineering structures (flyovers, viaducts, bridges, animal crossings and culverts). It is planned to build access roads, environmental protection devices, including acoustic screens, infrastructure for pedestrians and cyclists, lighting and drainage, and road safety devices.
- Mostostal Warszawa is increasing its involvement in the implementation of contracts related to the construction of road infrastructure. Currently, we are implementing several dozen kilometers of expressways. The Opatów bypass is another investment that we will be implementing in the Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship. Less than seventy kilometers from Opatów, we are working on the construction of another bypass: Morawica and Wola Morawicka - says Jorge Calabuig Ferre, Vice President of the Management Board of Mostostal Warszawa. - Our strategy assumes further development in the infrastructure construction segment. We increase our executive potential and declare readiness for further work.
The Opatów bypass will run through the communes of Opatów, Lipnik and Sadowie. The new road will free the city from transit traffic, improve the quality of life of its inhabitants as well as the safety and comfort of travelers. The bypass will constitute an important section of the planned S74 expressway, which will connect the Łódzkie, Świętokrzyskie and Podkarpackie voivodeships in the future.
- Contract value: PLN 403.66 million gross.
- Completion date: 36 months.
- Payment deadline: 30 days from the date of receipt of the invoice.
- The maximum warranty period is 10 years.
- Performance bond: 10% of the contract value