Foundation stone laid for construction of police station in Gdansk
THE FOUNDATION ACT STARTING THE CONSTRUCTION OF NEW PREMISES OF THE ŚRÓDMIEŚCIE, STOGI AND WATER POLICE INTEGRATED STATION
On 2 October at 12.00 at the construction site in Gdansk's Śródmieście district the ceremonial laying took place of the foundation act for construction of the new headquarters of the Śródmieście police station connected with the Stogi district and water police. The guests included Deputy Chief of Police – Superintendent Cezary Popławski and representatives of the city’s local authorities. The general contractor - Mostostal Warszawa - was represented by Maciej Sasak - North Branch Director...
A special occasion took place today in the area of Długa, Grobla, Wiesława and Zabłotna streets. In the presence of the Deputy Chief of Police, officers of the Pomerania garrison, the Pomerania Deputy Provincial Governor Michał Owczarczak and representatives of the construction company, construction officially started on the new headquarters for police officers currently working in police stations in the Śródmieście and Stogi districts and officers of the water police.
The decision to start construction was made in January 2014 in consultation with the then minister of internal affairs. Funds for the project were derived from the Standardisation of Headquarters and Police Stations program.
During the ceremony, the foundation act was read. The document was then signed by the signatories and inserted into a special brass tube. The tube was placed in a prepared storage compartment, to which was added a 5-zloty coin, an edition of the newspaper with the current date, a shoulder epaulette with the logo of the Police Headquarters in Gdansk, a Silver Medal "For Merit for the Police Trade Union of the Pomerania District and a photo of the participants of the project. The entire packed was walled up in the roof of the building.
At the end of the ceremony, the Deputy Chief of Police - Superintendent Cezary Poplawski and Deputy Provincial Governor of Pomerania - Michał Owczarczak spoke.
The building complex will occupy an area of more than 7,000 m2, and the planned cost of the investment is over PLN 43 million. The anticipated completion date is mid-2017.
The foundation act was signed by:
- Deputy Chief of Police – Superintendent Cezary Popławski
- Assistant Bishop of the Archdiocese of Gdansk - Wiesław Szlachetka
- Deputy Provincial Governor of Pomerania - Michał Owczarczak
- Deputy Marshal of the Pomerania Province - Hanna Zych-Cisoń
- Chief of the Provincial Police Headquarters in Gdansk - Insp. Marian Szlinger
- Secretary of the City of Gdansk - Danuta Janczarek
- Chief of the Municipal Police in Gdansk - Insp. Zbigniew Pakuła
- City Council Vice-President - Agnieszka Owczarczak
- North Branch Director of Mostostal Warszawa SA - Maciej Sasak
- President of the Police Trade Union for the Pomerania Province - Deputy Superintendant Józef Partyka
- Building Inspector - Adam Banaś
“It is a very important project for us,” said Maciej Sasak, North Branch Director of Mostostal Warszawa. “This is the second police headquarters, after Poznan, that we have carried out in recent years. All the work so far has been carried out according to schedule.”