Delegates of infrastructure ministries visited the construction site in Babica
On March 29, 2023, an international meeting of representatives of infrastructure ministries was held at the construction site of the S19 Rzeszow South-Babica road. The event accompanied the International Transport Forum, which is being held in Rzeszow.
The visit was organized in front of the southern portal, where this summer the drilling of a 2-km long tunnel will begin as part of the investment carried out by the consortium of Mostostal Warszawa and Acciona.
- The construction of this impressive investment, with the longest tunnel in Poland made using the TBM method, is a sign of the development we have made in recent years. It is also a confirmation of our strong position as the leading general contractor of road investments in Poland - says Miguel Angel Heras Llorente, President of the Management Board. - Thanks to the team of the best engineers from Mostostal Warszawa and Acciona, who demonstrate professionalism, great commitment and care for the quality of the works, we can successfully and with the support of all interested parties, carry out this task at the highest level.
As part of the visit, representatives of the delegation visited the construction site, where the assembly of the TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine) into segments is underway, and then into a finished machine capable of carving a tunnel 2,100 meters long, each of which will be 12.4 meters wide.
This visit was an opportunity to get acquainted with the scale of the task, technology, know-how and TBM equipment provided by Acciona.
As part of the investment, there will be:
• viaducts over S19;
• viaducts over the railway;
• passages dedicated only to animals;
• and economic journeys.
There will also be:
• construction of acoustic and anti-glare screens;
• construction of the main fence of the expressway and all open retention reservoirs;
• construction of protective and guiding fences for amphibians;
• construction of animal crossings;
• construction of devices for cleaning rainwater and snowmelt from the road;
• construction of biological devices for purifying sanitary sewage from the MOP area, technical buildings and the CZT building;
• construction of retention reservoirs;
• planting thickening, insulating, landscape and guiding greenery.
Contract value: PLN 2,230.17 million gross
Implementation period: 54 months
Contract signing date: July 10, 2020
Ordering party: General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways, Branch in Rzeszów.
In the photos:
(1) Main photo: delegates during a visit to the construction site in Babica (second from left Andrzej Adamczyk, Minister of Infrastructure, fourth from left Artur Salachna, Construction Manager of S19 Rzeszów South-Babica)
(2) Photo in the text: Miguel Angel Heras Llorente, President of the Management Board, and Jorge Calabuig Ferre, Vice President of the Management Board of Mostostal Warszawa during a conversation with Andrzej Adamczyk, Minister of Infrastructure, and Tomasz Żuchowski, Acting General Director of National Roads and Highways.