Projects of Mostostal Warszawa
Road overpasses in the area of Local Control Centre Nasielsk at km 63,953 and km 70,225
Mostostal Warszawa commissioned the last facility built as part of the contract – Construction of New Two-Level Crossings: Liquidation of Passages in the Rail Track Level in the Area of LCS Nasielsk: Task 10. The new overpasses will allow for quicker train travel along the Warsaw – Gdynia route.
The contract in Nasielsk was the first one in which we cooperated directly with PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A.
The scope of our work included:
- a road overpass on Province Road No. 632 over the railway line E 65 (Warsaw – Gdynia) in km 63,953, including road work (including 64,000 m3 of embankment);
- a road overpass over the commune road over railway line E 65 (Warsaw – Gdynia) in km 70,225, including road work (including 25,000 m3 of embankment);
- an access road (commune road) with a length of 920 m, related to liquidation of the passage in km 69,318 of the railway line E 65 (Warsaw – Gdynia);
- the rebuilding of a collision of the electric, tele-technical and water and sewage network and liquidation of three passages at the level of the rail tracks.
The greatest difficulties that we encountered during the work were unfavourable land and water conditions. The level of ground water turned out to be higher by approx. 2.5 m from the level ascertained during the design stage.
These circumstances called for a reinforcement of the ground via stabilisation with cement under all access roads to the overpasses, which was not foreseen in the design.
We also encountered numerous inconveniences related to unrecorded collisions of utility networks with the facilities under construction
- Investor: PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A.
- Contractor: Mostostal Warszawa S.A.
- Contract value: PLN 31.0 million
- Implementation period: 2010-2011.